The Greyhound Adoption Program (NSW), Inc. is a non-profit incorporated association dedicated to the welfare of all Greyhounds.
It is our mission to:
- Educate the public about the true Greyhound personality and to alleviate misconceptions that many still have of this wonderful, gentle, majestic breed.
- Assess the suitability as pets of Greyhounds accepted into the Program and to introduce and educate them to living in a family environment.
- Find responsible, loving, long-term homes for as many Greyhounds as possible.
- Give lifetime support to GAP Greyhounds and their owners.
- Liaise with other organisations, in Australia and overseas, with similar goals.
- Improve and promote the positive image of Greyhounds and to stimulate the public's desire to own one or more as pets.
- Provide accurate advice about the Greyhound breed to other welfare agencies, vets, Government departments, the media and individuals.
- Work towards the repealing of Greyhound muzzling laws across Australia.
- Encourage improvements in welfare standards involving all Greyhounds, regardless of age or racing status.
- Raise funds to acquire a permanent facility for housing, training and rehoming retired Greyhounds.
Last Updated ( Friday, 02 February 2007 )